Thursday, September 17, 2009

An awesome free firewall for your Windows operating system

ZoneAlarm by CheckPoint has been my personal firewall for the past 4 years. Sick of the windows firewall that was as holey as Swiss cheese, I sought a reliable firewall that blocks all uninvited intrusions while enabling me to access the internet, without fear. In my search, I remember that I had to choose between ZoneAlarm's free firewall and the Comodo free firewall. For some reason, ZoneAlarm looked more attractive to me and I chose ZoneAlarm. Over the years, there have been many software that have received the "uninstall" axe from me when they did not perform to my expectations. ZoneAlarm exceeded my expectations in every form as did Avira Antivir (in my previous post).


This is the part where I give tribute to ZoneAlarm and Avira Antivir. There are thousands of software out there that do many things in the world. It is only once in a while that you come across a software that truly lifts your heart; like these two software. These software are never out of date. They are constantly being updated, work perfectly and have amazingly simple and cool interfaces. I wouldn't trade these free software even if someone gave me a fully paid Norton or McCafee Antivirus gift-wrapped on a silver platter.

It is incumbent on every individual who loves his computer to at least try out ZoneAlarm and Avira Antivir for their firewall and Antivirus needs.

No comments: